Two weeks ago I made the tastiest birthday cake I have ever eaten.
35 others also ate this cake and when polled 9/10 said it was also the best they have ever had.
So it must be good right?
I wasn’t going to share the recipe here as it is just too good but when I heard about The Big Cake Bake, I thought it would be ok to divulge my recipe for a good cause
So here it is,
The Tastiest Tripe Choc Bundt Cake Ever
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 cup chopped semisweet chocolate
- 1 cup buttermilk
- icing sugar (for dusting)
- 1 cup finely chopped unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees. Grease a 12-cup Bundt pan.
- To make the cake, in a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and the vanilla. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Toss in the chopped chocolate.
- Into the butter mixture, alternately add the flour mixture and the buttermilk.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the Bundt pan and smooth the top of the batter. Bake for about 55 to 60 minutes, or until a cake tester or a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Let the cake cool in the pan briefly. Turn out onto a cake plate to cool completely.
- For the Chocolate Sauce, place a heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water and add ingredients and stir to melt and combine.
Dust cake with icing sugar. Cut a generous slice and top with Chocolate sauce and ice cream.
If one yummy cake recipe isn’t enough and I’m sure it’s not.
Germaine over at Chibi Run is sharing the recipe for this Knock Your Socks Off Lemon Drizzle Cake!
& Tamsyn over at Max and Me is sharing this Amazing Chocolate & Raspberry Pavlova Decadence
for the cause.
Don’t forget to check out our free printable Father’s day card/craft here.